Monday, May 30, 2011

The Wish List

So I'm enjoying my Monday night epiphanies and brainstorming sessions. So last week was about starting the weekly 1,000 picture challenge. It had its ups and downs, but overall I think it'll be a great way to challenge myself to become better. Any time spent behind the chassis of my Rebel XT is time well spent. Also, I'm loving the blog. It's great to see my ideas and what-not in writing and then able to reference them to go, "Oh yea, I need to do that still." Now, if only I remember to write down the stuff we come up with in our webi-sode brainstorming sessions.

So, in keeping with last week's Monday late night ideas session, I figured I'd lay out more of what's in store this week for Two Fish and I. Still a major project that got put on hold last week was the business card and logo. It's a shame I still have yet to get that done, but I've been back and forth on some ideas. In good news, I have a lead on a graphic designer. Hoping that a consultation with her will help me break a mental tie I have. But for now, no cards and no logo. So, that's still a big to-do.

One of the awesome things to come out of shooting the Hooters Swimsuit Contest(here) is that one of the area managers saw the pictures and asked me to shoot the finals in Kennesaw, GA. That way they get more pictures of the Cumberland girls to show off in their restaurant. If all goes well with that, I should get some nice publicity from having the pictures in the restaurant. This is still out of pocket for me, unfortunately. Yet, at this point in time I know I've got to spend a little money to drum up business. Even if I get a testimonial or a recommendation letter from Hooters Inc., it would be a huge thing for me professionally. June 3rd, which is a Friday(please no Rebecca B. jokes), I'll be up at the Hooters of Kennesaw off of US Highway 41(here) if anyone wants to come see some beautiful ladies strut their stuff.

Other than that I'll be hitting the social networking hard to get the Two Fish fan page(here) up and running strong. Hopefully with the fan page, I'll be able to market myself a little more and maybe get some paying gigs. Speaking of marketing, I was glad to get done a small page done for promoting my assistant desires. An assistant position with most photographers is one that may or not pay, and when it does it isn't much; but, it is a great way for me to learn and gain experience. I am handing out the link to the studios I have made good contacts with. I'll have to see if that page pays off.

Just like last week, I'll put this in list form for the quick readers:

  1. Business cards and Logo
  2. Hooters Swimsuit Contest Finals Friday, June 3rd
  3. Marketing and promoting
  4. Finding assistant work to gain more experience.

Thanks again everyone for being a fan and reading my stuff,
  Two Fish

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More