Thursday, June 2, 2011

Once Again It's the Night Before

The nerves are a lot calmer this time around when it comes to shooting the Hooters Swimsuit Contest. Focus and prepared, I've got the bag ready. The camera and lens are clean. The battery charging in the wall. It's just a waiting game. Thankfully, I have had lots to do to keep me busy this week. Though my goal is to do 1,000 pictures of portrait composition, I didn't do a lot of picture taking this week knowing I had the Hooters shoot to do. In the mean time, I've been trying to get a few things on the list marked off--namely the logo and business cards.

The business cards and logo design has been hard to come by. The more and more I promote, the more I need the business cards to retain the initial contact. The best suggestion that's been made it getting a small batch of  plain cards with just my name and contact info. However, I want my business card to say something about my business, not some plain jane thing. Reluctantly I have decided not to do one at all than do something half rate. This is both a blessing and a curse. But I move along.

Speaking of the promoting, I have been knocking that out of the park. Made more contacts and have built some good relationships. If I do well maintaining these relationships I can end up with some amazing opportunities. So, if I have to spin a positive on not having business cards, this would be it. I even made an advertising page for assisting other photographers and the services I can do. No bites yet, but that won't stop me from networking with it.

Lastly, I have been doing a lot of post production. It's not the same as taking pictures, but the post production has allowed me to keep rolling out new pictures this week while nothing is coming in on the memory cards. I even made a new portrait portfolio that is up and running on flickr(here). This new portfolio should open up more opportunities to shoot not only the obvious portrait, but advertise for high school senior pictures as well as professional head shots. I will continue to shoot models at the APG meetings to further this portfolio. Nevertheless, I'm glad to finally have a portfolio of something I've very interested in exploring further. It's only up from here.


I guess to summarize it--it's been a productive week in the office, even if that office is at a table in Hooters of Cumberland. Looking forward to the day tomorrow and trying to use the nerves this time as fuel to do better than the last. In the end, this should be amazing publicity. I hope that I'll be able to do photo shoots for the girls aspiring to model not only for Hooters Inc. but for their own personal endeavors. Maybe if I get lucky, I can get some publicity for having pictures IN the Cumberland store. Until next time!



Thanks for following along,
   Two Fish

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More