Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Whirlwind of Crazy

So when we last left off, I was amidst the Hooters Swimsuit Contest finale in Kennesaw,GA(here). It ended up being a blast. I definitely got more keepers than last contest. It was hot and humid though, which took a toll on me and the equipment. I literally cooked my flash batteries and had to change them mid strut of one of the girls. Also, with what I learned from last time I got a great spot which allowed me to manually set my flash and therefore get faster recharges. It was that fast recharge that fried the batteries and almost the flash. What I didn't know was that I had some fellow APG'ers down the tent from me.

Brian (Dr. Woots) and Kevin V. were down shooting at the other end of the runway, but I wouldn't find this out and talk to the them about it until Sunday. Sunday was when we all met up at Rob Knight's C3 studios to have a North Atlanta Flickr(here) meet-up. Olivia, Ashley, and Miranda were all awesome models and did amazing jumping back and forth between the studio and outside. Ashley probably was the most enthusiastic about being outside because at one point she was up a tree laying around while we all took pictures.

Finally, last night, all the APG'ers that could met up at Elliot Street Pub(here) and it was anything but laying around. Lots of awesome models and awesome photographers came out to snap all the way until 11:30 PM. Raana, Payam, Kimmy, and new-comer Tre all rocked it in their fancy duds on top of cars, riding on a Vespa, and just standing proud. We were also fortunate enough to have a passer-by, Bill, and his brand-new, blue Dodge Charger in a few of the later pictures. Sadly, I had stopped shooting by them and was just walking around talking to people.

All of these photoshoots also put a huge strain on my post processing. In all, about 1500 pictures had to be processed for web, Facebook, and print use. I shoot in RAW which is a big file but also very easy to make a lot of adjustments to. So the process was time-consuming but also some what quick compared to non-RAW processing. I've finally been able to push through it all and finally get around to blogging!

This post has been more of a summary of things that have been happening, but I'll be working on each specific event as well as the usual weekly stuff like how business is doing and the 1,000 Picture challenge.

Thanks for reading,
   Two Fish

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More