Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Night Before

Okay.. I shouldn't be up this late, but...I did lose some pictures after having a good impromptu shoot around my neighborhood. I met a cool guy today that runs a small vegetable and flower stand next to our small coffee shop. Otis Ogburn, the owner, allowed me to shoot in exchange that he'll get to see them to maybe use them in advertisement. Easy gentlemen's agreement, but not with any photos to show... : \

So yea, I had this cool idea to copy the set and do them in Black&White and have both a color set and a B&W set. Well that would have been a good idea if I did not delete all the pictures after importing them. On top of that, I did not have the pictures on the card because after importing I typically clean the card off to start again. So no back-up, nothing on the card and one giant, BLANK folder of pictures that once was. Needless to say I had a figurative bowel movement of shock and didn't get my pre-event chores done that I had set out to do.

Alas, if I was not going to be doing the pre-event chores, if I was going to be mad at myself, and if I thought all my options were exhausted; then HACK MY COMPUTER I shall!!! And dammit it was good! I slash hacked the shell prompt until it bled my pictures back and wish it had never gobbled them into hexadecimal hell. I even poked at my root directory, but then I realized that I'd gotten what I had come for and that attacking my root directory would leave me with one unhappy computer. I love my computer--picture gobbling and all.

So, all that nerd speak to say the pictures are back and I'm 6 hours behind where I wanted to be. No sweat!

Well its time to sign off and get the prep done,
   Two Fish


::UPDATE::
Food Stand Color pics after post production:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/twofishphotography/sets/72157626759306810/
Black and White pics after post production:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/twofishphotography/sets/72157626633836971/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More